Saturday, June 30, 2007

I Learned Something New Today

While perhaps not being as glamorous as being the second largest city in New England - today I learned that Daejeon is the 5th largest city in South Korea (and with a population of 1.4 million - it is slightly larger than Worcester).

I learned this because I got an email from my old Internet buddy Van Walker who is teaching English Literature at Daejeon University. Van is an example of a man who is enthusiastic about sports and whose writing ability would put to shame most of the columnists working at major papers in the US today. Seriously - if Van got a job as a sports columnist - he'd automatically be in the top 25 in the country.

Because of end of term commitments - Van hasn't been able to post that much but his blog The Chair-Armed Quarterback is well worth a bookmark on your part. His take on the Michael Vick situation (though dated) is better than anything I've read elsewhere.

Can you tell I'm a fan of Van's writing? I just wish he'd write more.

No comments:

Post a Comment