Friday, June 22, 2007

Dirtbag Red Sox

Chad Finn has put together his all-time Red Sox dirtbag roster. I should note that it really isn't "all-time" since Finn only considers players since 1978 when he really started following the team.

I agree with most of the choices with a couple of exceptions.

I would argue Kevin Kennedy over Joe Kerrigan as manager. Kennedy ran gentleman Jamie Moyer out of town because Moyer wasn't the type of head-hunting flame-throwing pitcher Kennedy preferred. Kennedy also let clowns like Jose Canseco run the clubhouse. There's a reason Kennedy hasn't gotten another managing job since he was let go following the 1996 season.

There is no way that Tony Clark should be on anyone's "dirtbag" list. Finn is way off base on that choice. Kevin Millar would be a good fill-in at first in my opinion. He was barely replacement level (pun intended) and this dirtbag would carp about playing time? I enjoy reminding my firend Tim who is heavily into Union activity of the fact that Millar was a scab.

I would second the opinion that Jose Canseco should be added as the team's strength and conditioning coach if Steve "Psycho" Lyons could be added as team psychologist..

No comments:

Post a Comment