Friday, July 23, 2021

Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations.

I'm 100% against the idea of "defund the police" but it's getting to the point where "defund the FBI" isn't exactly a completely unattractive idea... What journalists can learn from The Night Stalker. One of my favorite movies as a kid... So the government would basically like to prohibit anyone from being un-vaccinated. This is the same government that tried to prohibit people from drinking alcohol a hundred years ago and from smoking pot the past 60-years. How did that work out?...  It was Joyce's Ulysses and Melville's Moby Dick for me... Learned the New Orleans Saints' stadium will now be called Caesar's Superdome. I was bothered by that because to me it's always been just the Superdome. It bothered me until I remembered that until last week it was technically the Mercedes-Benz Superdome... 

2 comments:

  1. It still is just The Superdome. No law requires you to 'respect' the name of an inanimate object by using it. Yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed 100%. Just funny that I saw the announcement of the new name the Caesar's Superdome and I said "to me it's just the Superdome" then I saw it was previously formerly known as the Mercedes-Benz Superdome and I thought "not to me it wasn't."

    ReplyDelete