Sunday, January 16, 2005

In Good Company - The Screening

A few people have asked about Thursday's private screening of In Good Company. The folks at Grace Hill Media couldn't have been nicer and I really appreciated their kindness and professionalism during the whole experience.

Anyway, here are some details that may be of interest.

On Wednesday I got a FedEx package from Grace Hill Media that included a In Good Company baseball hat and T-shirt. The enclosed noted said something about there not being any scheduled screenings in my area and to please take the shirt and hat instead. That was a nice thing for them to do - all the bloggers who signed up got something. Some got the free tickets, some the hat and T-Shirt and I got the free screening (and the hat and T-shirt).

The theater had 110 seats. I invited about 70 people (if everyone accepted it would have 140 people because the invitation was for 2). I knew that many would not be able to attend because of the short notice (I found out the time of the screening late Tuesday night) and because let's face it - most of my friends have kids and babysitting isn't always convenient. I knew that I wouldn't fill the theater and I really didn't want to - the more room to spread out the better.

We ended up with about 30 people which was impressive because Thursday night Central Mass saw the worst fog I can ever recall seeing (and that includes the stuff I've seen in San Fran and the stuff in San Diego). It was literally dangerous driving in that fog - you could see at max 15 feet of road in front of you. If I didn't have to be there - I don't think I would have ventured out in the stuff.

At the theater, nobody knew what to expect. I went to the cashier (no lines because of the weather) and told her I was there for the 7:30 screening. "Around the corner to the left. Screen seven." Ummm.... thanks.

The coolest thing of the night was the fact that inside the theater the manager approached me and asked when I wanted the movie to start. That was so cool. "Start the movie in 5 minutes Mr. Manager. Make it so!"

At the end of the movie (which I thought was a bit weird and certainly not the expected Hollywood ending) everyone spontaneously clapped. That was also cool.

I later spoke with Jonathan Block from Grace Hill Media and he told me that the response was excellent on the movie from the blogger community and that they may try something similar with the upcoming movie Constantine.

I told him to count me in.

No comments:

Post a Comment