Monday, January 24, 2005

Morning Stream of Consciousness

Yesterday when Adam Vinatieri hit that 48 yard field goal early in the first quarter - you just knew it was going to be the Patriots day. The whole story of the game was turnovers. If you looked at the stats - both teams were fairly even except in turnovers. Many people will credit this to Roethlisberger being a rookie but the true credit should go to the Patriots defense. Last week they made Peyton Manning look like a rookie too.

I went 2-3 in my picks yesterday. I had the Patriots and Eagles and the first half of my teased under came in but who knew the Patriots would roll and turn the game into a shootout?

One thing to get off my chest. I hate that new Becks commercial. You know the one that says, "You have friends, you have beer - never confuse the two." What the heck is that supposed to mean? Does drinking Becks beer make you stupid to the point that you confuse your beer and your friends? All I can picture is some guy trying to bum $50 off a six-pack or trying to drink his friend Steve (talk about socially awkward situations). This commercial is number one on my "hate" list. The Staples commercial with the "Easy Button" is number two. What idiot thought up that commercial?

No comments:

Post a Comment