Friday, April 14, 2006

Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations.

The New York Mets have the best record in all of baseball. This is thanks mainly to Jim Bowden who has assembled the baseball version of the Washington Generals - six of the Mets first 8 games have been against the hapless Nationals... The Rockies are a half game in front of the rest of the NL West. Let me go on record right now saying I think the Rockies have enough talent to win the West this year. Pitching depth will be key and the Rockies have six starters who while not aces - are solid innings eaters. Look for playoff games in Denver come October... Is it too early to start Chris Shelton Triple Crown talk?... Josh Beckett leads the AL in ERA with a 1.29 mark. Curt Schilling is tied for 2nd with a 1.93 mark. This is the best of all possible news for Red Sox Nation... Hanley Ramirez has more hits so far this season (14) than any member of the Red Sox (David Ortiz leads the Sox with 13 hits)... Jacque Jones continues to be a bust for the Cubs - hitting a measley .111 so far. I can't explain why I have such a hair across my ass for Jones this year. I just think it was an awful move for the Cubs... Bill Mueller and Edgar Renteria lead the NL in hits with 16. OK I'll say it! Why can't the Red Sox get players like that!...

No comments:

Post a Comment