Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Quotes forToday

Some quotes I hope may resonate with you.  

"Life is not always a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well." - Jack London

"Thought precedes action as lightning precedes thunder."- Heinrich Heine

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." -John Wayne in The Shootist

"Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools because they have to say something." - Plato

"Nothing separates us [more] from human beings from earlier eras than how much less disease affects us. If we moderns lived for one year with the sort of death rates our pre-industrial age ancestors perpetually lived with, we'd be in societal shock." - Dan Carlin

"Crazy plants the seeds of calm, because wild times incentivize people to solve problems and stay alert, like a healthy dose of paranoia." - Morgan Housel

"Show me a man who thinks he's objective and I'll show you a man who's deceiving himself." - Henry Luce

No comments:

Post a Comment