Friday, January 29, 2021

Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations.

Prediction - the Biden Presidency will be haunted by the Reddit GameStop investors like John Cusak by the paperboy in Better Off Dead. "I want my two dollars!"...  Yesterday was the 35th anniversary of the Challenger disaster. I feel bad that I did not mention it earlier... Twitter did Donald Trump a big favor by banning him. Now he gets to silently sit on the sidelines while the Biden Administration gets to deal with the fallout from the Robinhood/GameStop mess. This is a no-win situation for the Administration because so, so many people now "want their two dollars!"... Matt Taibbi has a great take on the GameStop situation. My favorite bit was, "The entire tale, in a nutshell, goes like this: One group of gamblers announced,'Fuck you!' Another announced back: 'No, fuck YOU!'" Read the whole thing...  So when does the stampede of politicians returning campaign contributions from Citadel's Ken Griffin begin? Yeah - wouldn't hold my breath...  I bet if someone on Nancy Pelosi's staff had given her the stock tip about GameStop two months ago that she'd be all up in arms about the ceasing of trading yesterday. Just sayin'... 

No comments:

Post a Comment