Thursday, November 18, 2004

Miscellaneous Thoughts

Back from Orlando. It was a work trip - not a fun trip but I still managed to have some fun last night. I'll probably write about it later... Even if you took away all of Barry Bonds' hits this season - his OBP would still have been better than Kevin Millar because of all the walks. That's incredible (although Bonds is still a prick)... I read PJ O'Rourke's Peace Kills on the trip (I'll probably write a review sometime soon)... Don't read much into Pedro's lunch with the Boss (Steinbrenner). There's no way he signs with the Yankees. I would be afraid of the Angels signing him but not the Yankees... At the airport I saw most of Bush's speech at the dedication of the Clinton Library. I burst out laughing when Bono and the Edge were introduced following Bush. I just thought it bizarre. Was Bush their warn-up act? I love U2 but couldn't they find a US performer to play at the dedication? I guess it could have been both worse and stranger. Imagine if Clinton had invited the Dixie Chicks instead?... Speaking of the Dixie Chicks - are they this generations Bananarama?... I'll post more later after I untangle more of my jangled thoughts..

No comments:

Post a Comment