Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Does MMQB Peter King Support Radical Islam?

Indirectly - he may. From yesterday's Monday Morning Quarterback column:
Coffeenerdness: I'm starting to think Caribou Coffee is just fine, in part because I'm starting to like the lattes with two percent milk.
The coffee house chain Caribou Coffee is run by people who believe in running their business in accordance to the strict Islamic law of Shari'ah.

Does money spent at Caribou wind up in the hands of terrorists? Mostly likely not at all. It is the instituting of Shari'ah as the guiding principles of the company that I find objectionable though.

I wonder if Peter King would notice if he started getting his two percent latte from baristas in burqas? I wonder what King's wife would think about him getting his coffee from a chain that believes in a "husbands' right to beat their wives as long as they do not draw blood"?

HT LGF for the links.

No comments:

Post a Comment