Saturday, August 20, 2005

Royals Lose 19th in a Row



Jose Lima tried his level best to break the skid but allowing 4 runs in five innings wasn't good enough (especially when the KC offense was getting blanked). The thing I can't help but think of is that during this skid you know that after about 12 losses in a row - some guy bet on the Royals thinking "No way they lose 13 in a row". That same guy then doubled his bet on the Royals thinking "No way they lose 14 n a row - I'll just break even by doubling my bet." That guy then doubled his bet again and again until he probably went broke (probably after the 16th or 17th consecutive loss).

You know that there are a number of guys like the one I descibed out there. They're living proof of why you should never do "get me back to even" type bets.

No comments:

Post a Comment