Friday, August 19, 2005

My Blogroll and Eric McErlain's Blogroll

I saw this post over at Greg's. The post got me thinking.

First off let me say how I view my blogroll.

1. I'm pretty free about adding people to my blogroll - especially bloggers just starting off. I remember what it was like to get linked by someone and how cool that felt when my blog was young. People like being accepted and that's what you do when you add someone to your blogroll.

2. The primary purpose of my blogroll is as a collection of links for MY use. I visit the sites on my blogroll. If I stop visiting or the person stops adding new content - then they come off.

3. I do care if I'm on someone else's blogroll - so if you come here often and like my stuff - add me to your blogroll.

Secondly - I started thinking that I don't visit other people's blogrolls often enough. So tonight while I play on line poker (and while my wife is out with the girls) - I'm going to visit the blogroll at Off Wing Opinion. I'll "live-blog" any interesting nuggets I gleam from Eric's blogroll.

- Hockey Pundits have info on a cool new Team Canada jerseys (I'm thinking about buying one)
- The Net Files had this interesting nugget
- Jeremy at Sports and Bremertonians has a Giant Black Cock
- All Baseball has a very interesting interview with Dr. Andrew Zimbalist

Ok - I made it through about 1/3 of Eric's blogroll and i must say he needs to do some housecleaning. A bunch of the blogs haven't posted in years and a number of the links no longer work. I'm not criticizing - just saying.

I'll tackle the rest of the links some other time (there looks to be some quality sites in the rest).

No comments:

Post a Comment