Monday, August 29, 2005

Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations.

The theme music to The Last of the Mohigans may be the best movie theme music ever written. A roll call of better movie theme music would take a short time to call. Indeed!... Congrats to Aaron Gleeman. I did not realize that he got a gig writing for Fox Sports. That's great. Aaron was a blogger who loved baseball and the Twins in particular. He is the first person I can ever recall who recognized the greatness of Johan Santana. When Santana was in the bullpen - Gleeman was writing that he'd be a Cy Young winner if given the chance to start. Now he writes for Fox Sports. This also goes to show what all the folks who put down blogs know. Aaron is still in college and now he's working for Fox Sports. Meanwhile the folks who make fun of bloggers are still writing prep school stories for minimum wage five years out of college (and you know who I'm talking about). Congrats Aaron... Elizabeth Hurley's Acne Scar would be a good name for a fantasy football team... Last year I said I was going to start using the word "indeed!" as an exclamation as often as I could. I think I'm going to start doing that again. Indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment