Monday, August 22, 2005

With a Name Like Mangled Baby Ducks - It Has to be Good!

It may be strange but that was the first thought I had when I read this passage from todays Best of the Web by James Taranto:
The more interesting point, though, is that Nichols's lament proves Sheehanoia a failure on its own terms. The crippled-vet ploy is a bluff aimed at suppressing debate; the idea is that no one will dare criticize a crippled vet (or a grieving mom), so he wins the argument by default. But as Nichols illustrates, when the bluff is called, the only thing behind it is self-pity.
With a grieving mom as a spokesman - they have to be right! I wish I could link to that old SNL skit so people could see the connection (then again - maybe its only me who sees the humor).

No comments:

Post a Comment