Friday, August 05, 2005

Flotsam and Jetsam

Some Friday night miscellaneous thoughts and observations.

Gary Sheffield is a dope. You may have heard about him basically calling out A-Rod and Jeter for not really being the true leaders on the Yankees. I'm not calling him a dope for that though. I'm calling him a dope because with people wondering if Giambi's recent HR surge was steroids fueled and with Rafael Palmeiro the biggest story in baseball - Sheffield picks this time to seek the limelight. Let us remember that Sheffield was Barry Bonds training partner for a while and BALCO FedEx'd him steroids. Sheffield gets such a pass on steroids from the press it is amazing. By speaking up now it is as if Sheffield is daring them to say something about him and steroids... Happy 75th birthday to Neil Armstrong. I long thought the story about Mr. Gorsky was true because I heard Doris Kearns Goodwin relay it on Imus in the Morning but it turns out to be another hoax... The things you learn via your stats counter. I recently had a hit on this site by someone who did an AOL search for "nhl large penises". I was the seventh choice. While it may be true I have a big pensis (said by the grinning white Irish guy) - it is not true that I played in the NHL (although I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night)... In a manner of speaking Sheffield may have a point on not getting the credit he's due on the Yankees. He does lead the AL in Win Shares. Doesn't mean he's not a dope though...

No comments:

Post a Comment