Monday, September 12, 2005

NFL Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts and obsevations.

- Here's the difference between fantasy football and real football - the top two fantasy football QB's after one week are Kerry Collins and Drew Bledsoe. The real life top QB's Tom Brady and Peyton Manning are right on their heels.

- Speaking of Bledsoe - what a nice start to his Dallas career. He finished with 226 yards on 18 of 24 passes with 3 TD's. He also was sacked 4 times and had two fumbles (one recovered). If the W's don't keep coming then the Dallas faithful may start grumbling at the sacks and fumbles. I admit to having mixed feelings yesterday. I love Bledsoe but I took the Chargers (remind me never to take Marty S. in a game where he's matched up against a HoF coach on the other sideline - he always chokes those games). First and goal with the game on the line at the end of the game and Ladainian Tomlinson does touch the ball once? WFT?

- I agree that its a nice story having the Saints win in week one but I think things have gotten a bit overboard. In pure football terms - this was a mild upset. The Sainst are right there with Carolina in terms of talent and I know the Saints have to deal with emotional and logistical issues no team should ever have to deal with but making more out of this win in reference to Katrina just seems sort of purient in my eyes.

- Mike Martz continues to be the Wiley Coyote of coaches. Supposed "super genius' but he never ends up catching that roadrunner.

- Nick Saban is Bill Belichick Jr. (but with a much better choice in clothes). Not sure what the over/under for wins for Miami was this year but I think its safe to say that they'll do better than expected because of the coaching.

- Good God was Daunte Culpepper bad yesterday. I wish I knew how many fantasy football teams he single handedly destroyed yesterday. I haven't seen a performance this bad since Chevy Chase in Caddyshack II.

No comments:

Post a Comment