Sunday, December 13, 2020

Devil Maggots


A long time ago it was just me and my young son at church. He was wearing a wool sweater and he complained that it felt like something was "stinging" him in the back. I explained that what he was feeling was the Devil who tries to bite his way into the bodies of little boys who can't sit still in church. The Devil, I continued, takes the form of an invisible maggot with sharp pinchers who once in the body of the little boy who doesn't do as he is told, will multiply until Devil maggots are oozing from the ears and mouth. For some reason my son had nightmares that night and couldn't sleep a wink. 

I was only kidding about the "Devil maggot" thing above. I actually told my son it was his wool sweater and that he should have worn a T-shirt under the sweater like I had told him. He slept fine that night.

Devil Maggots would be a good name for a heavy metal band though.

No comments:

Post a Comment