Saturday, December 17, 2005

Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations.

I'm surprised that the normally PR conscious Red Sox front office is making such a big deal over who owns the ball Doug Mientkiewicz kept from the final out of Boston's 2004 World Series victory. The ball clearly belongs to Mientkiewicz. I wish the Cardinals (who provided the game balls) would step in and say that they own the ball but are giving it to Mientkiewicz... This is funny... One of my annual Christmas rituals is to re-read Charles Dicken's A Christmas Carol. The book was actually first published on this date in 1843. For those who have not read the book - it is surprisingly short. If you don't want to read the book - just watch the Patrick Stewart version of A Christmas Carol because it is almost word for word from the book... In today's NFL action - I like all the favorites. Tom Brady will be playing and I'll be taking the Patriots (-5), the Broncos (-9) should roll over the Bills who look like they have quit for the season and I guess I'll also take the Giants (-3) even though I'm not as confident in this pick. My real pick of the day is to parlay the money lines on the Patriots and Broncos (risk $5 to in $4)...


No comments:

Post a Comment