Friday, March 06, 2009

Watchmen

I saw Watchmen today and I thought I would share a few thoughts on the movie.

The movie is very long (almost 3 hours) but very true to the book until the end. Of course there was no way to fit everything into 3 hours so don't be upset if you don't get the backstory to Hooded Justice (or anything about Hooded Justice at all).

Jackie Earle Haley was excellent as Rorschach. Spot on in my opinion.

This movie is rated R for a reason. Don't take young kids to the movie thinking you are going to see Spiderman. Think more like the Sopranos as superheros - Bada Bing scenes and all.

Dr. Manhattan's penis is a scene stealer. It's like a X-rated "Where's Waldo?" Billy Crudup shows up on screen and your mind goes - "there it is again!" I image the most common interview question Billy Crudup will have to answer will be "was that really your penis?"

Both the book and the movie get two thumbs up.

No comments:

Post a Comment