Tuesday, August 04, 2020

Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations.

If the Democrats do want to replace Joe Biden at the top of the ticket then they are going to need to do it at the Convention in August in Milwaukee. But if they have the Convention they run the risk of all the crazies in the Party acting crazy in the national spotlight. But if they try to replace Biden without a Convention then the Democrats will look like elitists running things behind the curtains and the confidence of the rank and file will be shattered... "What ever crushes individuality is despotism, no matter what name it is called." - John Stuart Mill... It has been widely reported that gun and ammunition sales are way up due to the Wuhan virus, riots and the "defund the police" rhetoric. I'd be curious if sales of Carhartt clothing is also up as these new gun owners try to adopt a look they think is common among their more blue collar brethren. "Look at me - I have a Carhartt jacket that means I know how to handle myself!"... Saw a local news story about their in-house political poll which was conducted by Survey Monkey. Survey Monkey! And people wonder why local news isn't taken seriously... The book I'd like to read is a fictional autobiography of Huggy Bear from Starsky and Hutch. First person just like the book Grendel by John Gardner... "I don't spend my time pontificating about high-concept things; I spend my time solving engineering and manufacturing problems." - Elon Musk...

No comments:

Post a Comment