Friday, October 08, 2021

I'm Writing on Substack

"One day or day one. You decide." - Unknown

Today is Day One of me publishing on Substack. I believe in what they are trying to do and decided not to be a bystander to their success but to instead try to use their platform to stretch my own writing and reach. 

The first post is up!

I will continue to also publish here at A Large Regular but with some minor changes. The plan is to post a Friday Flotsam and Jetsam column on Substack every Friday (the name of the post should have indicated that) and have one or more longer essays during the week. That obviously means no more Flotsam and Jetsam posts here at A Large Regular but other than that little will change. You will actually probably see more posts here than less. For some time I've noticed that I no longer tend to write longer pieces here but let those ideas whither and die in my Draft Posts graveyard. Committing to at least one longer piece on Substack hopefully will change that.

Not sure how it really works at Substack but my understanding is that all my posts are FREE but if the traffic gets to a certain point that may change. If they do ask you to subscribe - I hope my efforts may be worth $5 a month to you. I've never made a dime here on Blogspot and that's not why I do this. However, if I'm able to make enough writing on Substack to take my girlfriend out for a nice dinner once a month that would be nice.

I've named my "Newsletter" at Substack - Hypnotized Fish simply because I'm greatly amused by the phrase (which would also be a great name for a band). Thanks in advance for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment