Friday, March 17, 2006

Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations on St. Patrick's Day.

I'm still shocked that Boston College covered the spread in their OT win over Pacific. Was there anyone out there who thought they would cover the 8 point spread when Pacific went up by 6 in the first OT?... There's not many times when I agree with John Kerry but this is one of them. I agree that the former head of the Big Dig in Boston, Richard Capka has no place in government and certainly no place where there are federal funds at stake... Hey did you know that yesterday was Erik Estrada's birthday? Did you know his real first name was Henry? You should check out his web site for some laughs (his site lists his eyes as "brown and gleaming)... The wins by Canada and Mexico over team USA in the World Baseball Classic mean more to those countries than what team USA winning it all would have meant to the US... I think the Blue Jays made a smart move in signing Roy Halliday to an extension and I wonder how great the Red Sox would have been if they had made the same type move with Pedro Martinez (signing him to a 3-year extension before his contract was up instead of taking the chance of letting him become a free agent). Can you imagine a top three rotaion of Pedro, Schilling and Burnett? Kudos to JP Riccardi on this move... I did lousy on my NCAA picks yesterday so I won't even offer any up today although I will say that I'll be rooting for Bucknell today... Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment