Sunday, March 26, 2006

Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations.

LSU men's basketball coach John Brady needs to let his inner mustache come out. I swear that I thought he had one of those wispy light colored mustaches but prior to yesterday's game he was interviewed and I realized he just has permanent 7 o'clock shadow on his upper lip. He should just go with the flow and let it grow... I checked my American College Dictionary and "physicality" is not a word. I wish basketball announcers would stop using it... The Holy Cross men's hockey team lost last night to North Dakota 5-2 but that doesn't take away from the shine of their upset of Minnesota on Friday or the fact that this was the most successful hockey season in the school's history (27-10-2). Well done Crusaders... UCLA was a 12-1 shot to win the tournament before the games began and LSU was 28-1. Now both are in the final four. Of the teams playing today - UConn was the favorite at 5-2, Villanova was 5-1, Florida was 20-1 and I'm not sure what George Mason was but it was greater than 50-1.... It looks like Jeff Bagwell's career may be over. I'm going to have to take some time to figure out if I think he's a Hall of Famer (my gut says yes)... Last night I skipped watching UCLA/Memphis to go to Holy Cross to see Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire with my son (even though I'd seen it twice already at the theater and have the DVD - I'm a Harry Potter geek). From speaking with some people who watched the UCLA game - I made the right choice to skip it... It is just me or do those two guys in the Cingular comercials give off a Brokeback Mountain vibe? I mean why else would the Asian guy with the cool phone always be sticking around with the dorky guy who paints himself green for March Madness if it wasn't for the gay sex? Just saying...

No comments:

Post a Comment