Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations.

Just saying but it was just three years ago that Boston Red Sox shortstop Nomar Garciaparra was SI's Tom Verducci's preseason choice to be AL MVP. Nomar with the Red Sox seems like a lifetime ago now... I don't have much to add about the Alphonso Soriano situation other to say the the only true description of the situation would have to include the words "cluster fuck"... Although I don't have anything to add to the Soriano situation - I do have a prediction; the Nationals trade Soriano to the Mets for Xavier Nady and a prospect. Two days after the trade is completed - Jose Vidro goes down with a season ending injury... Last year at this time Congress was "busy" with hearings on steroids in baseball and Terri Schiavo. I have no idea what Congress is busy with this year.... It has also been a year since Scott Peterson was sentenced to death for killing his wife but as far as I know - he still lives and breathes.... I am so happy that Japan won the World Baseball Classic. I cannot stand Fidel castro and make no mistake a win by the Cuban team would have been a huge PR win for Fidel...

No comments:

Post a Comment