Thursday, March 23, 2006

Today's NCAA Basketball Games

Just in case anyone cares - here's tonight's lineup and my thoughts on the point spreads.

Duke (-6) vs. LSU - I'm not a fan of Duke but I think they walk in this game. Of the teams that LSU has faced this year - Duke is probably most similar to Florida and Florida killed LSU 81-65 on March 11th. Sure that game was played by LSU without forward Tyrus Thomas but would he have been worth more than a 10 point swing in the game? LSU also lost to Florida by 9 back in February. I'm taking Duke and giving the points.

Texas (-5) vs. W. Virginia - Gut feel on this game - I'm taking West Virginia and the points.

UCLA (-3.5) vs. Gonzaga - the Bruins can score AND play defense. So I'm pretty high on their chances tonight. The only thing that bothers me is that Adam Morrison is supposedly weakened by a stomach flu. Sometimes this has the opposite effect than you'd expect and the player weakened by the flu ends up having a big night because what is taken away in the weakened state is the nervous excitement that seems to have been working against Morrison in the tournament. I'm still taking UCLA and giving the points though.

Memphis (-7) vs. Bradley - If Memphis was playing Pitt or Kansas and was giving up 7 points - I'd be taking Pitt or Kansas and the points. Bradley beat both Pitt and Kansas while Memphis has yet to be tested (wins over Bucknell and Oral Roberts). I'm not sure if Bradley wins outright but I do think they cover with 7 points. If this game comes down to free throws - it should be noted that Bradley has the clear advantage from the charity stripe. I'm taking Bradley and the points.

No comments:

Post a Comment