Sunday, September 19, 2004

Fragmentos

OK - so I do some blogger roulette and I wind up at a site written in Portuguese that apparently has some very positive things to say about Marilyn Manson. I am struck by the title of one post called "Fragmentos".

If you translate the post - it almost seems to be something a stalker would write. I half expected to see final lines of "Se eu não puder o ter então ninguém pode tê-lo. Eu serei com você sempre no afterlife." My mind is also churning based on the title of "Fragmentos".

Now there are no commercials I hate more than the Mentos commercials (those DiTech commercials come close). I also hate the fact that when I hear or read the word Mentos I now immediately think "The fresh maker". (As an aside "the fresh maker" sounds like something out of Dune - "Paul Maudib we need more water of life - shall I bring you a fresh maker?") Anyway - when I see the work "frag" I immediately think of a fragmentation grenade and combining the word "frag" with "mentos" makes me think of exploding mints.

So now I'm picturing a Kevin Spacey-like character filling the centers of Mentos with nitro and causing explosions in the mouths of young Swedish-looking punks. Explosions that blow off their lower jaws and leave them horribly disfigured for life. Actually Hollywood might buy something like that.

Screw Flanders!

No comments:

Post a Comment