Saturday, September 18, 2004

Mean Girls

I took my girls to see Mean Girls last night and I was surprised by how much I liked the movie.

First off we saw the movie over at Holy Cross - which means a college crowd. Secondly, for this movie the audience was 90% female. I'm still trying to figure out if this factored into my favorable rating for this movie.

The movie seemed to be an offshoot of Saturday Night Live. It had 4 former or current cast members (Tim Meadows, Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, and Ana Gasteyer) and was produced by Lorne Michaels.

It was a very funny movie and credit for that has to go to Tina Fey who wrote the screenplay. After seeing this movie - I'd be hard pressed to name a more talented woman in showbusiness than Tina Fey.

I liked the movie so much I am thinking about picking up the book by Rosalind Wiseman.

No comments:

Post a Comment