Monday, September 27, 2004

MMQB Review

A quick review of today's edition of Monday Morning Quarterback by Peter King. Here are the Five Things I Think I Think About Today's MMQB:

1. One of King's September surprises is "Donovan McNabb morphing into Joe Montana." Sorry Peter - Joe Cool was known for winning games in January not for winning games in September.

2. I know Atlanta is 3-0 and I know their defense has been great but King has them ranked as the 5th best team in the NFL. No way Jose. King obviously doesn't have Michael Vick on his fantasy football team (-2 points this week - thank you very little).

3. Reason 1,432,820 why Peter should stick to commenting on football:
"Certainly this is not the popular view in CBS-bashing America right now, but I applaud Dan Rather for standing up and saying something we in the media don't say nearly enough: I screwed up. Blame me. This is my show, and I put on a flawed story, and the buck stops with me."
Rather has done everything BUT take responsibility for airing bogus documents in a smear job on the President. Even now Rather still doesn't admit that they are forgeries. If the buck truly stopped with Rather - he would have resigned by now.

4. Umm...Peter....that was a man baby!
Coffeenerdness: I am not even remotely exaggerating this. Last Wednesday, in the city to tape the HBO show Inside the NFL, I saw a 6-foot-8 woman in a business suit at the Starbucks at 23rd and Park, near the HBO studios. In heels. I came up to her shoulders, barely. She was Cosmo Kramer-sized, except chunky.
I guess Peter never saw The World According to Garp.

5. This is the first Peter King MMQB that I can ever recall reading that had ZERO Mary Beth non-sequitors or sports updates. Oooh-rah! I hope it is a trend not an aberration.

PS - I don't know who Tory Ranalli is but I'm pulling for you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment