Monday, October 30, 2006

Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations.

I think Bill Cowher starting Ben Roethlisberger yesterday against Oakland is proof that Cowher won't be back as the coach of the Steelers next year. If he cared about the long term well being of Roethlisberger there is no way that he plays him yesterday against the Raiders just a week after Big Ben suffered a concussion. I also think that if Charlie Batch started that game - then the Steelers cruise to victory because Batch would have simply handed off and protected the ball. Instead you had Roethlisberger getting knocked around (sacked 5 times) and throwing 4 interceptions. Roethlisberger cost his team the win yesterday... Have you seen that Toyota commercial where the pick-up truck gets grabbed by the Loch Ness monster? I'm a fan of subtle humor and I always laugh at that commercial because if you listen carefully the guys in the truck are yelling "Shoot it! Shoot it!" Cracks me up... Crazy it may sound - from an unsound mind it may come but I wonder if the reason that Barry Bonds declared his free agency so soon was because he doesn't think he'll get a decent offer? Follow me on this - Bonds declares right away - that way it takes away the excuse from a team that they filled his slot prior to him filing for free agency. If he doesn't get a big offer - Bonds may sue claiming collusion from the owners or that he was slandered by the Chronicle and by Game of Shadows authors. Bonds could go for a big pay day from the courts and not step on the playing field again. Remember - even I said it was a crazy thought but if someone offered me 1,000-1 odds against this happening - I'd probably plunk down $100...

No comments:

Post a Comment