Thursday, February 24, 2022

Let's Not Forget Trudeau's Dictatorial Turn

As the world watches a true gangster exercise dictatorial power in Putin's invasion of Ukraine - let us not forget Justin Trudeau's dictatorial turn up in Canada.  

The man is simply not fit to be the leader of a major nation. He rescinded the Emergency Powers Act not because it was a bad move to begin with but because the polls and the banks (rightly fearing a bank run) told him to do it. The article is right - the mandates were never COVID related.

Now the world's attention (rightly so) turns to Ukraine. But let's not forget Trudeau. Canada is run under a parliamentary system - how come this spoiled jackass hasn't suffered a vote of no confidence by now? 

7 comments:

  1. Politicians tend to do things for their advantage, not because it's the right thing to do. My take is that if there is a "no confidence" vote, Trudeau will squeak by. The opposition must not be convinced they would win the vote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If Trudeau does just squeak by in a no confidence vote that would still be enough to finish him completely politically. Just like Theresa May the former PM of England. Also just my opinion.

    Just the sight of Trudeau gets me angry at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the bank run came after the invocation, not before. it did not cause the Emergency Measures Act to be invoked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. and he did, actually, push a confidence motion, for the extension, and got it, because his MPs feel they cannot afford an election

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes the bank run came after the Emergency Measures but the banking "tools" are supposedly now permeant. The fact that his own MP's feel they cannot afford an election now shows how little faith anyone has in the putz.

    I admit to feeling a bit guilty about this as an American commenting on Canadian politics. The shoe has been on the other foot my whole life and this feels somehow strange

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am ok with you commenting, altho please do not lump us all in one boat. My sister in law is a raving vaxxer, who believes everything CBC says, and my father in law would like to run guns to liberate Ontario. Your Mileage May Vary ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trust me I understand.

    Between me and my EX wife and our four kids - we span most of the political spectrum. Holding one's tongue has become an Olympic event in my family

    ReplyDelete