Saturday, January 21, 2006

Bode Miller's NFL Playoff Picks



Champion skier amd stoner Bode Miller has agreed to make this week's NFL picks here at A Large Regular.

BM: Aloha, Mr. Chris. As far as the first game tomorrow - Pittsburgh ain't got no mountains so you'd think that I'd be rooting for Denver but this is a game of people and location is just a state of mind. My mom taught me that when she home schooled me in our cabin that had no running water or electricity. It was like growing up like a mountain man and I think its going to take a mountain man to win this game. Both Jake Plummer and Ben Roethlisberger have mountain man beards going but I think Big Ben's beard is more mountain manish. That guy is cool under fire. He's like, "All I need are a few seconds in the pocket, a cool buzz, and I'm fine." What kind of nickname is Jake the Snake? That's so uncool. He looks like he'd panick and be hitting gates all the way down the mountain in a close downhill race. That's why I'm taking Pittsburgh and the points.

BM: Wait a second... Did you hear that? That was my skull! I'm so wasted! Did you know that you can ski in the Carolinas? Yeah - water ski - heh heh. [Miller mumbles something stares off into the distance and munches some gorp] This second game is going to be close and I think the advantage goes to the team that goes balls to the wall speed wise and that would be the Panthers. I mean just look at the coaches. You have a Fox vs a walrus and the Fox will always beat the walrus in a race unless its underwater and even though its been raining a ton in Seattle the game will still be above water. Right? I'm taking Carolina and the points.

No comments:

Post a Comment