Saturday, January 07, 2006

Punk Marcus Vick Sent Packing by VTech

Marcus Vick has been told that his presence is no longer welcome on the VTech football team. All I can say is, "GOOD!"

I have no doubt that this decision was made by University president Charles Steger and not by football coach Frank Beamer. In fact I can imagine a discussion between the two going something like this:

CS: Marcus Vick is no longer to be a member of the football team effective immediately.

FB: Charlie we should give the young man one more shot. How about if I suspend him for the first game next year? It's against Kent State anyways.

CS: How many last chances are supposed to give this thug? He's embarrassing everyone at the university. He's off the team and I mean now. Do you want to tell him or should I?

FB: I guess I should tell him.

Marcus Vick couldn't care less. He thinks he's off to the millions of the NFL and he's sadly probably correct. I think he's talented by also over-rated but I also think some team will take a chance on him. Will it be in the first round?

Well Oakland is well known for taking players of questionable character but they draft 6th in the first round and I doubt they take that big of a chance. Some people have suggested that Baltimore might take a chance at 13 but I don't think so because Ozzie Newsome knows better. Atlanta at 15 has other needs than QB so they should pass on Ron NEW Mexico too. I really don't see Vick going in the first round. I also have a hard time seeing someone risking a second round pick on him.

I do know that what ever team takes Vick will immediately become my least favorite team in the NFL and yes I am "player hatin'" right now. Out of curiosity - I wonder what the lowest recorded Wonderlic score has been prior to Vick taking the test? Jeff George and Michael Bishop are the lowest I know with scores of 10 each. Michael Vick scored 20 but I see Marcus being closer to George and Bishop.

No comments:

Post a Comment