Friday, January 06, 2006

Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations.

The Saint Louis Rams could have kept Dick Vermeil, they could have opted for Lovie Smith but instead they went with Mike Martz. Hah Hah.... Miguel Tejada for Bobby Abreu seems to be a good match although I'd love for the Phillies to bite on a Matt Clement and Trot Nixon for Abreu deal... Am I the only one that is bugged by the fact that the guy who does the narration for PBS's Frontline is also doing voice-overs for the King Kong commercials?... I don't get the fascination with Herm Edwards. To me he's just the next Dave Wannstedt. Jim Hasslett, meanwhile, is just a blonde Rich Kotite... Speaking of trades I'd like to see - three way trade with the A's. Red Sox and Dodgers. The Sox send David Wells to the Dodgers, the A's send pitcher Joe Kennedy to the Sox and the Dodgers send Edwin Jackson to the A's (or other suitable prospects)... I feel bad that Worcester's Jerry Azumah may be all done with the Bears after this season but those feelings are tempered by the fact that the Patriots need secondary help and Azumah may be coming home to New England...

No comments:

Post a Comment