Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Richard Scarry's Best Bastardized for PC Reasons Word Book Ever

This has been out there for a while but I just happened upon it (view it as slideshow). Just a couple of thoughts:

1. I can see changing "police man" and "mail man" to "police officer" and "mail carrier" but what bugs me is completely getting rid of the cowboy hippo and army aligator. Although with the success of Brokeback Mountain - the PC police at the publishing company may add back in the cowboy.

2. The more PC schools get the worse the test scores get. Don't tell me there's no connection. The more time spent talking about "diversity" the less time spent practicing the "four R's". I'm for school vouchers right now!

3. The "Politically Correct" stories by James Finn Garner are funny because they're satire of how bad things can get in the PC world. The Richard Scarry book is just sad.

HT William Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment