Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Morning Links

Here are some morning links to read over your morning coffee.

- Does the NY Times have any credibility left? FARK has more credibility and at least their photoshop contests are funny. Fat drunk and stupid is no way to go through life and fake but accurate is no motto for a newspaper.

- Does anyone out there really care about who is on the US baseball team for the World classic? I may watch the games but I view it as an exhibition. I'd just as soon not have Barry Bonds or A-Rod on the team though.

- DJ Gallo is now writing for ESPN's Page 2? When did that happen? I'm a fan because of thoughts like this:
I pull absolutely zero weight in the sports media world, but is it too much for me to ask that this week's AFC Championship Game quarterback matchup between Jake Plummer and Ben Roethlisberger be officially dubbed the Beard Bowl? And, more importantly, that the winner be given Katie Holmes for a week? I feel I've earned that much.
- I think Charlie Weis and Romeo Crennel waited too long to get head coaching jobs and that Eric Mangini is being plucked before he's ready.

- Great point by Michael Felger on when the real seeds of defeat were sown by the Patriots:
No one is expecting those kind of fireworks this offseason, but it can’t be any worse than last year, when the acquisitions of Duane Starks, Monty Beisel, Chad Brown and David Terrell set the stage for what happened Saturday night in Denver.
- Top 20 Fantasy 1st Baseman (Kevin Youkilis should have been on the list somewhere around 15 and where the heck is Travis Hafner or David Ortiz? They should be top 5. I know they are primarily DH's but they also play a tiny bit of 1st and qualify as such in most Fantasy Leagues)

No comments:

Post a Comment