Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations.

The phrase "parts unknown" has fallen off a cliff in usage in this country. It was in vogue in the Old West describing the origins of good and bad guys alike. Then later to describer where masked wrestlers were often from. Perhaps in the modern day the phrase can be reborn as a gender designation... We are coming up on the one year anniversary of Lamar Jackson suing Amazon for selling unlicensed merchandise using his likeness and registered trademarks. I wonder how that lawsuit is going... I'm giving up betting on the Boston Celtics for the rest of Lent. Wish I could have made this retroactive before Sunday's awful loss where they blew a 24-point lead...  I need to read more Robert Heinein... I wish I could bet that Kamala Harris won't be the Democratic nominee in 2024. Getting about 3 to 1 odds sounds about right. Just don't see it happening...

2 comments:

  1. I'd agree with you on Harris, UNLESS she is the incumbent or heir apparent and she is going to be one or the other. She obviously didn't do well in a crowded contested primary, but 2024 primary will bear no resemblance to 2020. I can't see DEMs seriously challenging her in a primary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely can see her getting challenged in the primaries even if she is the incumbent. Like Ted Kennedy going against Jimmy Carter in 1980.

    ReplyDelete