Monday, April 26, 2021

A Few Good Belichicks

"Son, we live in a wold that has playoff games, and those playoff games have to be played by men with talent. Who's gonna do it? You Felger? You, Tom Curran? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for N'Keal Harry and you curse my draft picks. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know, that N'Keal Harry's pick, while tragic, was the best we had on our board. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, 'wins playoff games.' You don't want the truth because deep down in the places you don't talk about on sports talk radio, you want me in that draft room. You need me in that draft room. We use words like talent, intelligence, character. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent building a winning organization. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man whose income comes from the very wins that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide those wins! I would rather you just said 'thank you' and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you take a job yourself in a front office. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!"

[The NFL Draft is Thursday which means until then Boston sports reporters will continuously speculate on who Bill Belichick and the Patriots will pick and they will also continuously litigate Belichick's capability as a General Manager. It's predictable and stupid.]

No comments:

Post a Comment