Monday, July 11, 2005

Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations.

Just saw a commercial on TV for some genital herpes medicine. It had a guy saying, "I have genital herpes and I haven't had an outbreak in months. That's a great way to be." I have to disagree - I think a great way to be would to actually be free of genital herpes (but maybe that's just me)... I think someone from MLB or from the AL should put out the story that Jeremy Bonderman of the Tigers was going to be the player to replace Kenny Rogers if he did the right thing and declined his spot on the All-Star team. I know that this will just add more ill-will towards Rogers out in Detroit but hey - that's what I'm here for... Commercials for genital herpes always make me think of Ron Mexico... Theo - if you are reading this - please trade Kevin Millar now! How about the Nats? Nick Johnson will be out longer than thought. How about Houston? They could move Berkman back to the outfield or Millar could play left. How about the Mets? They need someone for first. I'm begging you - please trade Millar... I saw the movie Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgandy and while it does have a couple of good laughs - its pretty much a waste of 2-hours. Watching the DVD commentary is definately a waste of time... I'm sick of hearing Tony Larussa talk about the All-Star game by saying "they keep score don't they? That means we'll be playing to win." Hey Tony - they also keep score in Spring Training. I know that MLB makes him say things likee that but I'm sorry - it just gets on my nerves...

No comments:

Post a Comment