Friday, July 01, 2005

The Plame Blame

The Wall Street Journal has an article on the Plame case and the crux is that the MSM brought down this thunder on themselves. I agree with that supposition.

I also have a theory. My guess is that the "source" for both Judith Miller and Matthew Cooper was none other than Joseph Wilson - the husband of Valerie Plame. Wilson was pretty vocal about three things - his outrage about his wife being "outed"; his dislike for George Bush and his new book. Methinks he doth protest too much.

Bob Novak isn't facing any jail time. I bet that's because he came right out to the special prosecuter and said "my source was Joe Wilson and here are my notes from our meeting." It could be that Joe Wilson perjured himself between book signings and that he is the target of the investigation.

If Time's Matthew Cooper backs up Novak's information - then the special prosecuter will bring charges against Wilson but let Judith Miller twist in jail for a while just out of principle.

If the source turns out to be Wilson - I also fully expect the MSM to bury the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment