Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Rove's Role

I had a friend in college who was an extra in the movie Jaws. He was one of the kids on the beach when the little kid on the floatie was gobbled by the shark. To say Rove had a role in the Plame affair sounds a lot like me saying my friend had a role in the movie Jaws.

Here's what I understand to be the facts:

1. Rove never used Plame's name and basically just warned Matt Cooper not to get too close to Wilson because Wilson was a loose cannon not to be trusted and that Wilson had gotten his job via the nepotism of his wife.

2. Most political reporters in DC knew Plame was in the CIA

3. Does anyone think that Rove is the source that Judith Miller refuses to identify? Please! A New York Time reporter couldn't get information negative to the Bush administration into print quick enough.

4. Let me repeat something - Joseph Wilson got the job for a supposedly sensitive intelligence gathering mission because his wife interceded for him. To me the real story here is the nepotism. The CIA like most integral intelligence agencies should be meritocracies. To me it is most alarming that nepotism could go on at this level and it also bothers me that the MSM seems to be fine with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment