Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Miscellaneous Thoughts

Some thoughts while I have my morning coffee...

I've seen Governor Mitt Romney at a number of Red Sox games so far this year. I like the idea of the Governor going to games with little fanfare... Did you know that boxing and canoeing are the only two Olympic sports that exclude women?... The Cincinnati Reds are in first place. That's snazzy. You can't deny the snazziness of that... The WSOP field is down to 83 players. All the women in the field have been eliminated... With Kevin Youkilis up with the big club until at least the All-Star break - he now becomes my favorite for the AL ROY (I'm not saying that he's the logical choice - I'm just saying I'm rooting for him)... I get the feeling that a former champion will take the WSOP this year. Doyle Brunson, Chris "Jesus" Fergueson, and Dan Harrington are still alive in the field... David Ortiz with 2 doubles last night continues to be an extra base hitting machine and continues to lead the AL in that category (with 30)... Very cool (found via NRO's Corner)... I'm not sure about other folks in Boston - but stories about Nomar's rehab are starting to get pretty irritating. Just let me know when he's back... Derek Jeter is still only hitting .189. His awful start to this season has already dropped his career batting average 4 points (from .317 to .313)... In memoriam Doug Pappas...

No comments:

Post a Comment