Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Miscellaneous Thoughts

Some morning thoughts while I have my first cup of coffee...

One of the small pleasures of life is the smell of your child's hair just after a bath and a shampoo... The Yankees came back to beat the Angels last night but there were two things of note. First Kevin Brown gave up 5 earned runs in six innings to move his ERA up to 3.42 and secondly Mariano Rivera blew his first save of the year. Rivera is arguably the best closer of all time but he is getting old and I think you will start to see blown saves become more common... Freddy Garcia is leading the AL in ERA right now with a 2.11 ERA. He just may be the lone bright spot for the Mariners... On Monday - Luis Gonzalez had a three-homer game against the Mets. It was the second time in his career that Gonzalez had three HR in a game. I was at the game the first time he did it. It was against the Dodgers in LA. It was my first and only (so far) visit to Dodger Stadium... I admit that I am one of those guys who thought he'd never forgive Roger Clemens for leaving Boston but you have to hand it to him. He's just incredible in the literal meaning of the word...

No comments:

Post a Comment