Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Miscellaneous Thoughts

Some thoughts while I have my first cup of coffee in the morning...

Former Holy Cross head football coach Dan Allen passed away on Sunday. Bob Ryan has an excellent piece on him in today's Boston Globe... Some people say that gay marriage will lead to this or lead to that but in reality the only thing that gay marriage will lead to is gay divorce... Wow - pretty harsh look at Troy Glaus' fragility by Scott Miller... I have no problem with gay marriage but to be honest - I don't think I'm ready to see "Jimmy will you marry me? - Bill" messages on the Jumbotron at games... The Minnesota Twins have the second best record in baseball and their payroll is about $2 million less than Oakland's. When do you think someone will write a Moneyball book about them? I mean at least the Twins have won a few playoff series... Mark Blaudschun of the Boston Globe also takes a look at Dan Allen... Baseball America has a very good primer on how the MLB draft actually works. Interesting note: "This year's draft will also be the last time the leagues will alternate selections. Beginning in 2005, teams will draft in reverse order of winning percentage, regardless of league." Worth the read... Happy birthday to El Guapo...

No comments:

Post a Comment