Wednesday, October 13, 2021

The Jon Gruden Email Saga

Have a new article up at Substack where  I try to explain why this is happening now.

And where I may have completely buried the lead on what will happen next. This has the feel of Roger Goodell's NFL Offices wanting their own HBO drama.

This was the sort of longer pieces I've stopped writing here over the years but also the type of writing that I think stretches and strengthens the writing muscles.

As always if you enjoy the piece please hit the like button and subscribe. Most importantly if you enjoyed the writing or the argument made - please share it with others.

5 comments:

  1. Does this mean they will clean up the halftime shows?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was having similar thoughts

      Delete
  2. No views are indefensible. I hate this knee-jerk condemnation of things that the cloud people find icky. If our private conversations are fair game, no matter how long ago they occurred, then I want to see the private conversations of our "betters." Fuck Roger Goodell, and fuck the NFL for their pusillanimity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris - the views are indefensible in terms of the Raiders keeping Gruden employed as their coach. In my opinion this was the outcome the league office was hoping for.

      Roger Goodell is a skidmark of a human being.

      Delete
    2. That is true. Of course, all the Raiders had to do was tell the league to suck it, but then they wouldn't have had a good excuse to void Gruden's contract.

      Delete